Izumi Kyoka Kinenkan Museum
Memorial museum dedicated to Kyoka’s world of illusion
Here, the world of Izumi Kyoka, one of the three great writers of Kanazawa, is presented from various angles. The museum was built on the site of the house where Kyoka was born and raised, near the chaya (old geisha district) district and Asanogawa River, which is the setting of his novel “Giketsu Kyoketsu”.
- 9:30am~5:00pm (Admission until 4:30pm)
- Year-end and New Year’s holidays (12/29~1/3) and periods of exhibit change
Adults ¥300, 65 years or older: ¥200, High school students or younger: free
*For some exhibitions, an additional fee may be required.
- Hokutetsu bus: Kanazawa Station to Owari-cho or Hashiba-cho, and walk for 3 min/ Loop bus (R-Loop): Kanazawa Station to Hashiba-cho (Kinjoro) and walk for 3 min/ Flat bus (Konohana route): Kanazawa Station to Hikoso Greenery Space and walk for 3min.
- 2-3 Shimoshin-cho, Kanazawa, Ishikawa 920-0910
- [TEL] 076-222-1025 [FAX] 076-222-1040