The Old Site of Mr. Kurando Terashima’s House
This samurai residence and garden show what life was like in the middle of the Edo period.
Kurando Terashima was a retainer of the Kaga clan as well as a painter in the middle of the Edo period.
The house,storehouse and earthen walls are typical of the life of a middle-class retainer.The Japanese garden with a pond in the center has been designated as a historic site by Kanazawa City. Paintings, calligraphies and crafts which have been inherited by the family are on exhibit.
- 9:30am~5:00pm (Admission until 4:30pm)
- Year-end and New Year’s holidays (12/29~1/3) and periods of exhibit change
Adults ¥310, 65 years or older: ¥210, High school students or younger: free
- Hokutetsu bus: Kanazawa Station to Hashiba-cho (Kinjoro), and walk for 3 min/ Loop bus (R-Loop): Kanazawa Station to Hashiba-cho (Kinjoro) and walk for 3 min
- 10-3 Ote-machi, Kanazawa, Ishikawa 920-0912
- [TEL] 076-224-2789 [FAX]076-204-8076